Event DetailsWednesday October 16, 2019 6:00 pm Writers Guild of America, East
250 Hudson Street, Suite 700
New York, NY 10013
The Writers Guild of America, East invites you to attend
Please join Geoff Betts, WGAE’s Director of Contract Enforcement & Credits, for the launch of a new series called The Basics, where members can learn everything they should know about their union and how it works.
The first session will focus on Minimum Compensation and Pension & Health Benefits. Future topics will include WGA Credits and Credit Arbitrations, Residuals & Separated Rights, and Q&A on the MBA – everything you want to know but are afraid to ask.
Minimum Compensation and Pension & Health Benefits
- Get to know the various minimum rates for different types of writing jobs;
- Review standard employment contracts for film, television and new media projects;
- Understand the difference between what’s guaranteed by the Guild and what’s above scale;
- How to qualify for and maintain WGA health and retirement benefits;
- Better understand how the Guild established these labor standards and how we will build upon them moving forward.
This event is only open to current, active Guild members. This invitation is nontransferable.